Cross Trailers Limited Warranty
Warranty Registration Form
Cross Trailers INC (Cross) warrants to the original Consumer/purchaser that its trailers will be free from defects in materials or workmanship under normal operating conditions as provided in this Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty shall not be deemed to have failed its essential purpose so long as Cross, or through its authorized dealers, is willing and able to repair, replace, or adjust defective parts in the prescribed manner. This limited warranty is effective from date of original purchase and is not transferable.
Cross will repair or replace at its cost, in its discretion, any Defect (as defined below), which is caused by a defect in factory materials or workmanship of Cross from the date of original Purchase.
Purchaser must submit the Limited Warranty Registration Card within 30 days of delivery of the trailer in order to activate warranty coverage. All warranty repairs must be performed by Cross or an authorized service center. Warranty repair authorization must be given by a Cross Customer Service Representative before a repair is made. Warranty approval or denial is at Cross’s discretion. Certain warranty repairs require special training, so not all service centers are authorized to perform all warranty repairs. That means, depending on the warranty repair needed, the trailer may need to be taken to another authorized dealer or returned to Cross. Cross must receive written notice of any remaining warranty claims from the purchaser prior to the expiration of the duration of the Limited Warranty, and the purchaser
must allow Cross an opportunity to resolve the matter. The purchaser must notify Cross of any trailer being repaired by an authorized Cross dealer, which has been at the dealership for fifteen (15) days, or of any claimed defect which was not corrected after one repair attempt. This Limited Warranty does not cover transportation or freight to or from an authorized service center or to Cross for repairs. All transportation and freight charges are the responsibility of the purchaser.
1. Component parts covered by separate supplier warranty such as warranties from the manufacturer including, but not limited to: tires, wheels, axles, awnings, generators, air conditioners, RV style doors, and baggage doors. These warranty claims must be presented to their respective component manufacturer for warranty.
2. Damage or deterioration of cosmetic surface finishes, including cracking, crazing, discoloration, fading, plastics, trim tape, plated or painted metal.
4. Any trailer which has been altered or modified from Cross factory specifications.
5. Any trailer initially sold at retail by a party other than an authorized Cross dealer.
6. Any trailer that has been overloaded or inappropriately loaded.
7. Any unauthorized repair or installation.
8. Any failure or defect caused by an accident; product abuse or misuse; failure of the owner to use, maintain, or store the trailer as specified in Cross’s owner’s manual(s); normal wear and tear, and any other failure to provide reasonable care and maintenance.
9. Any freight, transportation, haul out, or other expenses incurred in returning the trailer to the selling dealer or to the Cross factory for warranty service.
10. Use of Heavy Duty Dump Trucks or Similar vehicles will prematurely wear or damage the trailer frame. In some cases, they may even break the trailer tongue. This is due to the heavy-duty suspension of such tow vehicles causing excessive force to be applied to the trailer. Damages that result from the use of heavy duty dump trucks or similar vehicles to tow the trailer are not covered.
Neither Cross nor any authorized service center shall be responsible for any incidental or consequential damages; loss of use of the trailer; loss of time, profits or income; inconvenience; commercial or economic loss; or any other consequential or incidental damages.
- EXCEPT AS PROVIDED HEREIN, THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES, ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, PROVIDED BY CROSS ON THE TRAILER. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS, ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED.
- TO THE EXTENT ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE IS IMPLIED BY LAW AND CAN NOT BE DISCLAIMED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW DESPITE THE DISCLAIMER HEREIN, SUCH WARRANTIES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF DELIVERY OF THE TRAILER TO THE FIRST RETAIL PURCHASER.
- CROSS FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR ECONOMIC LOSS ARISING FROM CLAIMS OF PRODUCT FAILURE, NEGLIGENCE, DEFECTIVE DESIGN, FAILURE TO WARN AND/OR INSTRUCT, AND ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY NOT EXPRESSLY COVERED UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES THE OWNER SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND THE OWNER MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
For further information regarding this Limited Warranty, please contact Cross at:
2203 Randolph St. Suite 2
Elkhart, Indiana 46514
Phone (574-326-3974) (Customer Service)